This is a million dollar question on the mind of many women.
Can a girl really expect to have it all ? Can she be a success both in her home and outside her home in a way which isn’t just superficial but real?
Can she effectively be a good wife, mother, homemaker and be a CEO of a company, run her own business, be in public ministry or office, just plain be out there making a comparatively equal contribution as the best of them ?
Granted, not all women want this, but many actually do even if they never voice it out.
It often seems that most women have to choose to be very effective on one end and mediocre on the other. If they don’t, over time, they loose their marriages, or have to give up on careers or public lives.
Women need to know the truth. Be given realistic views of how things really are. What works and what doesn’t. Stories of successes and failures. If you know of any women (could be you), who are effectively doing both good solid marriages and good solid public lives, please share their stories here, in the comments box or privately send it in an email to selasiebulmuo.yahoo.com.
Let’s gather the stories and come up with a realistic picture. If you made the choice to not marry or got divorced (for reasons related to success outside the home), lets hear from you too. Real women, real talk.
I aim to compile the findings for inclusion in a publication so please share your views, don’t hold back. You would be helping other women with your story. Thanks.
You can use the following suggested guideline:
- What is your (their) profile and philosophy? ( Christian or Non Christian)
- How long have you (they) been married?
- What is your (their) family composition?
- Do you (they) work outside the home? Why?
- How do you (they) manage both?
- Do you (they) work outside the home with their spouse ? (Women in Ministry alongside their spouses, Family Run Businesses etc)
- Is the arrangement working for all involved?
- Share your favourite quote
Short responses that do not conform to the suggested guidelines are also welcome.
- Guys, It Matters Whom You Marry, Too (thechristianpundit.org)
- Women, marriages, and the rat-race (mathbabe.org)
- Women’s sacred path to marriage is in danger. (dalrock.wordpress.com)
- On Delayed Marriage and When the Perfect is the Enemy of the Good (adw.org)
- “Practical Advice to the Other Woman”? (recoveringwayward.wordpress.com)
- Things I Wish Singles Knew Before Marriage (mainwriters.com)
- Sex is the “glue” in a marriage (recoveringwayward.wordpress.com)
- The Eight Reasons that People Cheat on Their Partners (psychologytoday.com)
- How can the society ensure that marriage (and homemaking) does not result in women becoming financia (indianhomemaker.wordpress.com)
- Getting Dumped By The ‘Other’ Woman (caramieandtheboyz.wordpress.com)